FDT Flow Detector Transducer – With Logic Flow/No-Flow Output
FDT Micro-Power, ATEX Compliant, Flow Detector Transducer for Open Channels, Sewers, Ducts and Weirs.
Industry proven with over 1-million hours of fault free service, the FDT is a unique ultra low power flow detection device capable of detecting and reporting the flow of liquids, gases, powders, particles and even people/animals in a wide variety of applications.
The award winning FDT is detects flow derived from motion and in any direction and produces simple to interface output as a simple CMOS/TTL logic FLOW/NO-FLOW binary output. The FDT also includes a Mission Critical tamper loop to warn if the cable becomes severed.
Available with an Telemetry / IoT interface or as a stand alone sensor for OEM applications the FDT can be found in service globally from Europe to the US.
- Proven with > 1-million hours of service
- Tough HDEP injection moulded enclosure
- Simple to use Binary 1/0 logic Flow/N0-Flow 0utput
- Tamper Loop
- Operates in all directions
- Works especially well in highly turbidity flows
- Distinctive RED colour to help identification ducts, sewers and tunnels
- IK08 impact resistant
- IP68 Plus ingress protection to 6m (fully encapsulated)
- Supplied with high quality industrial grade cable 12ft /4m as standard
- Ultra Low Power < 3uA typical @ 3V, 9uW standby
- Wide operating voltage span 2.8 to 12V nominal (ATEX is at <3.9V nominal)
- Available with or without a ballast weight / anti-rag tube/s
- ATEX Zone 2 as standard – design assessed by 3rd party Notified Body
- In-built event integrator to extend short events for ease of detection
- Open Channel Flow Monitoring
- Sewer High Level Flow Monitoring
- CSO EDM (Event Duration Monitoring)
- Duct and Service Tunnel Security
- Fan Monitoring
The FDT has been independently assessed by a UK Notified Body to the ATEX Directive and can be supplied for Zone 2 operation as standard. Zone 1 and Zone 0 versions are also available but subject to a MOQ on production.
For OEMs we supply the necessary interface parameters for the FDT to achieve the desired level of compliance.